Vaccination Guidelines for Employees
Dear Molloy Community,
The health and safety of the Molloy community remains our top priority as we plan for the full return of students and employees to our locations this fall. As I have previously stated, we continue to evaluate and update our health plans based on the guidance from local and state Department of Health officials, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Given the increasing spread of COVID-19, primarily through the Delta variant, Molloy College is requiring that all faculty, staff and administrators be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 1.
As you know, Molloy recently announced a vaccination mandate for all students. As of August 5, 79% of the College’s employees have uploaded proof of vaccination to the Molloy Health Portal. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after administration of the second dose of a two-dose vaccination (Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after administration of a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).
We have based our decision to implement this on:
- Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that shows surging COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths in the United States, with most caused by the Delta variant.
- Scientific evidence that shows the benefits of vaccination and supports the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines to protect those who are vaccinated and to help prevent further spread of the virus.
- Our focus on protecting our students and college community by implementing measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 on our campus.
If you have a valid medical or religious exemption, you may submit a request for an exemption no later than August 18, 2021, in accordance with the College’s Religious and Medical Exemptions from COVID-19 Vaccine policy. Please note that requesting an exemption does not guarantee that an exemption will be granted. Exemption forms are available in the Molloy Health Portal in the Related Links tab.
If you have begun the vaccination series but will not be fully vaccinated by September 1, you may request a temporary waiver of the vaccination requirements while you complete the vaccination series. Waiver applications are also available in the Molloy Health Portal in the Related Links tab.
Unvaccinated individuals with approved medical and religious exemptions, or those who have been granted a temporary waiver, will be required to follow established health and safety protocols at Molloy. If you are not fully vaccinated and have not been granted either a medical or religious exemption or a temporary waiver by September 1, you will not be permitted on campus. Further information regarding possible consequences for non-compliance with the Policy can be found in the College’s Religious and Medical Exemptions from COVID-19 Vaccine policy.
To upload proof of vaccination, please access the Molloy Health Portal by clicking here:
- Enter your Molloy user ID and password (same as your Molloy email),
- Click on the Forms tab at top of page,
- Click on COVID-19 Immunization History and input your vaccine dates,
- Click on the Document Upload tab at the top of the page and upload your vaccine card.
Uploaded of proofs of vaccination are confidentially stored in the Molloy Health Portal.
To make a vaccine appointment, click on the below links:
If you receive the vaccine during your scheduled work time, you are entitled to up to four hours of paid time off per vaccine injection. This paid time off is at your regular rate of pay and is in addition to any other leave to which you are entitled (i.e., sick, vacation and personal).
A FAQ page is available on the Molloy website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our email address, email@example.com.
Our goal continues to be keeping our community safe and informed. Stay connected. Stay calm. Be well. Know that we are here for you.