Covid–19 Vaccination Guidelines
Dear Molloy Community,
The health and safety of the Molloy College community remains our top priority as we plan for the full return of students and employees to our locations this Fall. Please be assured that, as has been the case since the COVID-19 pandemic began, we continue to evaluate and update our plans based on guidance from local and state Department of Health officials along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). At this time, Molloy College is requiring that all students be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by August 25th.
As you know, Molloy College has previously strongly encouraged vaccination for members of the Molloy Community. As of July 27th, 76% of the College’s employees have uploaded proof of vaccination to the Molloy Health Portal. However, only 32% of our students have uploaded proof of vaccination to the Molloy Health Portal.
This policy does not apply to students who are enrolled in a fully online program and will not visit any Molloy location. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after administration of the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after administration of a single dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson).
We have based our decision to implement this policy on:
- Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that shows surging COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the United States, with most caused by the Delta variant.
- Scientific evidence that shows the benefits of vaccination and supports the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines to protect those who are vaccinated and to help prevent further spread of the virus.
- The expectation, expressed by President Biden on Wednesday, July 21, that the COVID-19 vaccines will receive full FDA approval this fall.
- Our focus on protecting our students and college community by implementing measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 on our campus.
If you have a valid medical or religious exemption, you may submit a request for an exemption in accordance with the College’s Immunization Policy. Please note that requesting an exemption does not guarantee that an exemption will be granted.
If you have begun the vaccination series, but will not be fully vaccinated by August 25th, you may request a temporary waiver of the vaccination requirement while you complete the vaccination series.
Unvaccinated individuals with approved medical and religious exemptions or those who have been granted a temporary waiver will be required to follow established health and safety protocols at Molloy.
If you are not fully vaccinated and have not been granted either a medical or religious exemption or a temporary waiver by August 25th, you will not be permitted on campus. Molloy continues to evaluate developments and assess the situation regarding a vaccine mandate for employees. At this time, Molloy strongly encourages all employees to get vaccinated.
To upload proof of vaccination, please access the Molloy Health Portal by clicking here:
- Enter your Molloy user ID and password (same as your Molloy email),
- Click on the Forms tab at top of page,
- Click on COVID-19 Immunization History and input your vaccine dates,
- Click on the Document Upload tab at the top of the page and upload your vaccine card.
Uploaded of proofs of vaccination are confidentially stored in the Molloy Health Portal.
To make a vaccine appointment, click on the below links:
- State run sites to get the vaccine
- Other Authorized Vaccination Sites (including hospitals and pharmacies)
Detailed answers to frequently asked questions are available here. .
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact email@example.com