Mental Health and Wellness
Mental Health Resources Available for Employees
- Please access the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Daily Life and Coping Pages.
- The College offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Carebridge.
- The Molloy College Mental Health and Wellness Center (MHWC), a service of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program (CMHC), is now offering affordable and accessible teletherapy services for individuals in our community. They also offer virtual mental health and wellness workshops free of charge to the Molloy community and are working to also provide short-term counseling for individuals working on the front lines free of charge. These services are open to employees and alumni. For more information and appointments, please call 516.323.3854.
- The Mental Health and Wellness Center is offering Afternoon Wellness Breaks with the Mental Health and Wellness Center at Molloy College. Join them on Zoom Tuesdays and Fridays at 1 p.m.
- New York State Office of Mental Health Hotline 1.844.863.9314 offers free emotional support, consultations and referrals to a provider. More information here.
Mental Health Resources for Employees when Supporting Students' Mental Health Needs:
- If you have a concern about a student's mental health, please contact the Molloy College Student Personal Counseling Center (SPCC) at 516.323.3484. In case of a psychological emergency, where a student's safety is in danger, please call local law enforcement.
- SPCC CONNECT is a compilation of information and resources available to help you support students' mental health needs during these uncertain times.
Mental Health Resources for Students
- Students interested in scheduling a teletherapy appointment can call us at 516.323.3484 Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Teletherapy is a confidential, online delivery of mental health counseling.
- For mental health assistance during off-business hours, students can call the Long Island Crisis Center 24/7 hotline at 516.679.1111.
- SPCC CONNECT is the compilation of resources and ideas on how to engage life in a new way.
- SPCC CONNECT LIVE is a series of workshops via Zoom hosted by our counselors and counselors in training. The workshops are focused on connecting students' Mind/Body/Soul for a state of mental well-being.
- SPCC CONNECT Video Series is a library of short videos created by our SPCC counselors and counselors-in-training. Each video provides students with a brief introduction to an activity, exercise, or technique designed to help find balance and stay connected.
- Follow us on Instagram at spcc_molloy for daily mental health tips and activities.