Technology Support for Employees
Technology support will be available for employees and students of the College during any periods of instructional, administrative or operational change. The Molloy Portal has links to many applications frequently used including Email, Canvas, Lions Den, and Password Reset. We encourage all members of the Molloy community to familiarize themselves with the portal at their earliest convenience.
Technology Support Schedule for College Employees
|Monday||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Work Order Entry
Please use the work order entry system (help.molloy.edu) to request assistance or to report non-working technology. The most efficient way to get support is to open a ticket. Tickets will be given priority - the helpdesk phone and e-mail will be checked regularly.
Technicians will be using Bomgar remote support and can provide you with guidance on how to connect if they need to share your screen to troubleshoot the issue.
The MIS team are all reachable by e-mail:
E-Mail and Network Support, Shared Drive Permissions, Access to Blocked Websites
The network team are all reachable by e-mail:
- Max Caroff email@example.com
- Bhash Ramrattan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dominick Russell email@example.com
- Roberto Arevalo firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be placing any orders or doing any new requisitions until all Molloy physical locations are re-opened.
Remote Access Tools and Support
The Networking Department can have users' voicemail messages delivered to their e-mail inbox. Contact Max or Dominick (contact information above)
- H: or S: drive access as well as access to special software like Jenzabar or PowerFaids can only be accomplished with the use of GoToMyPC or LogMeIn. Supervisors must contact Michael Olivo or Mauricio Palacios to be added to the access list.
- Information on how to retrieve voicemail and perform some advanced e-mail functions is available in the Remote Work Quick Guide.
Zoom Best Practices
Please find below some guidance and materials pertaining to using Zoom. Topics covered range from getting set up with an account to hosting meetings/events, and everything in between. Particularly, we wanted to highlight securing Zoom meetings/events from unwanted guests. The FBI recently issued the following regarding securing meetings:
- Do not make meetings or classrooms public. In Zoom, there are two options to make a meeting private: require a meeting password or use the waiting room feature and control the admittance of guests.
- Do not share a link to a teleconference or classroom on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
- Manage screensharing options. In Zoom, change screensharing to "Host Only."
- Ensure users are using the updated version of remote access/meeting applications.
We would like to add the following to the above suggestions:
- Lock meetings once they begin. This can be done in the "Manage Participants" section.
- Disable private chat and file transfer features when possible. Both settings can be toggled off in "Personal > Settings > In Meeting (Basic)."
Additionally, we have already enabled the waiting room feature and defaulted screen sharing features to "host only." The article can be found in its entirety here. Additional helpful links are included below:
Zoom through Canvas has some of these protections built in already, so Faculty should continue to utilize that Canvas feature as normal. We also want to remind everyone that Molloy Zoom accounts should be used for work purposes only, and that non-Molloy Zoom accounts should not be utilized to conduct Molloy business.