Coronavirus Information and Status at Molloy College
Molloy College COVID-19 Exposure Procedures
IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19, AND YOU ARE…
- You do NOT have to quarantine or isolate after being in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 unless you develop symptoms.
- You MUST report the details of your exposure to Health Services at email@example.com and monitor your symptoms for ten days.
- If you develop symptoms, follow the instructions for people who are not fully vaccinated.
- You MUST quarantine for ten days from date of exposure and notify Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must compete the COVID-19 report of infection/exposure form in the Molloy Health Portal.
- If you develop symptoms during your quarantine you MUST notify Health Services at email@example.com and obtain a diagnostic test. Health Services will provide additional guidance.
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19…
REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS, YOU MUST NOTIFY HEALTH SERVICES AT COVID19@MOLLOY.EDU AND ISOLATE. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE COVID-19 REPORT OF INFECTION/EXPOSURE FORM AND UPLOAD YOUR TEST RESULTS TO THE MOLLOY HEALTH PORTAL. HEALTH SERVICES WILL PROVIDE ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE.
- The contagious period starts two days before a person’s symptoms began, or two days before the person got tested if their diagnostic test was positive and they have no symptoms. It lasts through the end of the tenth day, after their symptoms started, as long as their fever has been gone at least 24 hours without fever reducing drugs OR if they have no symptoms, it lasts ten days after the day of the diagnostic test that came back positive.
- Quarantine: stay home to wait for test results and the end of a post-exposure period.
- Isolation: stay home and avoid others, even the people you live with. Stay in a closed room, wear a mask to use the bathroom, have people leave food, drinks, and medicine at your door, and don’t leave home except for testing/medical care.
- Fully vaccinated: at least 14 days after a 1-dose vaccine, or the 2nd dose of a 2-dose vaccine.
- Close contact: within 6 feet of a positive person for ten minutes or more.
Molloy College is requiring all students, employees, and visitors, except those with approved medical or religious exemptions, to be fully vaccinated before coming onto campus. Students and Employees can submit proof of vaccination to the Molloy Health Portal. Visitors will be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon arrival. Information about uploading vaccination status and frequently asked questions are available here.
Face Covering (Mask) Requirements
All individuals must wear an acceptable face cover (mask) over both nose and mouth while indoors at any Molloy location. The only exceptions to this are:
- When you are alone in a room with the door closed
- When you are outdoors
- When you are in your residence hall room
- When you are actively eating or drinking