Coronavirus Information and Status at Molloy University
Molloy University COVID-19 Exposure Procedures
IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19
- You should wear a well fitted face mask for 10 days from the day of exposure
- Watch for symptoms: fever (100.4F or higher), cough, shortness of breath or any other COVID-19 symptoms
- If you develop symptoms, contact Health Services and isolated immediately
- Take extra precautions around those who are more vulnerable to getting very sick from COVID-19
- Get tested on Day Six (6)
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19…
The NYS Department of Health has released updated guidance on shortened isolation and quarantine procedures in line with the CDC’s recently updated guidance. Click here to read DOH’s full guidance.
- Isolation after positive test: individuals can end their isolation after 5 days – where day 0 is the first day of symptom onset and/or the day of a positive test result – if they are asymptomatic at that time. Those individuals should continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others for an additional 5 days.
Individuals returning to any Molloy location after 5 days MUST:
- Not have a fever for at least 24 hours without fever-reducing medication
- Have resolution of symptoms or, if still with residual symptoms, then all are improving
- Not have rhinorrhea (runny nose)
- Have no more than minimal, non-productive cough (i.e., not disruptive to work and does not stop the person from wearing their mask continuously, not coughing up phlegm)
- The contagious period starts two days before a person’s symptoms began, or two days before the person got tested if their diagnostic test was positive and they have no symptoms. It lasts through the end of the tenth day, after their symptoms started, as long as their fever has been gone at least 24 hours without fever reducing drugs OR if they have no symptoms, it lasts ten days after the day of the diagnostic test that came back positive.
- Quarantine: stay home to wait for test results and the end of a post-exposure period.
- Isolation: stay home and avoid others, even the people you live with. Stay in a closed room, wear a mask to use the bathroom, have people leave food, drinks, and medicine at your door, and don’t leave home except for testing/medical care.
- Fully vaccinated: at least 14 days after a 1-dose vaccine, or the 2nd dose of a 2-dose vaccine.
- Close contact: within 6 feet of a positive person for ten minutes or more.
Molloy University is requiring all students and employees, except those with approved medical or religious exemptions, to receive the primary vaccine series for Covid-19.Students and employees must submit proof of vaccination to the Molloy Health Portal before the start of the semester.
Non-Molloy visitors coming to campus, excluding the residence halls, do not need to provide proof of primary Covid-19 vaccine series,
Non-Molloy visitors accessing the residence halls, however, must show proof of primary vaccination series, or a negative COVID-19 test result administered 72 hours prior to arrival if they have a medical or religious belief that prevents vaccination. Proof must be shown to the Resident Safety Representative upon arrival to the residence hall.
Proof of primary vaccination series for Covid-19 is required to be uploaded to the Molloy Health Portal prior to the start of each semester.
Information about uploading vaccination status and frequently asked questions are available here.