Resident Assistant Application
RAs at Molloy College
Resident Assistants (RAs) are selected by the Office of Resdience Life after a rigorous screening process. Applicants must show an interest in people, maturity, and responsibility. Our RAs serve as a resource for students with problems and questions and are responsible for ensuring that students adhere to the college's rules and regulations. RAs directly oversee the residents on their floors. The RAs report to both the Residence Hall Director and the Coordinator of Residence Life. RAs are required to attend weekly staff meetings, plan events, brainstorm resolutions to issues that arise, and ensure the safety of all residents. Resident Assistants will:
- Adhere to, understand and enforce the policies found in the residence life handbook and student handbook
- Enforce and adhere to both quiet hours and 24-hour courtesy hours
- Enforce and adhere to 24-hour quiet hours during finals
- Be sensitive to the issue of confidentiality
- Provide on-duty coverage when the residence hall is open and occupied. This includes, but is not limited to, long weekends, Thanksgiving Break, intersession, spring recess, and Easter Break
- Participate in a rotating, on-duty schedule
- Other duties as assigned
For a more detailed look at all Resident Assistant responsibilities and duties, please see the new RA Job Description.
Apply to be a Resident Assistant
The RA Selection Process for the 2017-2018 academic year is now underway. Please apply by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact 516.323.3478 or firstname.lastname@example.org Applications are due by March 10!