Campus Ministries Past Events
Once again Boxtown at Molloy was a huge success. Over 100 students with some faculty and administrators packed the side of Casey and Siena buildings with creatively decorated refrigerator boxes, sleeping bags, pillows and blankets for a night filled with challenge and fun. Boxtown benefits Bethany House, a homeless shelter for women and children in Nassau County.
By 10 p.m., Boxtown was created and by 7:30a.m. on Friday morning, Boxtown had disappeared. The students did an awesome job with setting up and cleaning up. We kept warm throughout the night with a beautiful fire and warm soup. Thank you for all the prayers for good weather...your prayers were answered!!!
The highlight of the evening was the prayer service led by our students, the Bethany House Gospel Choir and the stories shared by the women of Bethany House. All of our hearts were deeply touched as we left the Anselma Room to go outside for the night. For us, we were living only a few hours of inconvenience...for many of our brothers and sisters, this is their way of life.
Thanks to the generosity of so many people and the hard work of our students who sought donations, we raised $8,153.00 for Bethany House.
Special thanks to...
• Dr. Drew Bogner for breakfast in the morning and for his 100% support of this event every year
• Molloy Athletics
• Lackman Food Service for the donation of the soup for the night and for breakfast in the morning
• Campus Ministries Hope Team, Kathy Carey and Scott Salvato
• Molloy Maintenance and Housekeeping for the set-up and clean-up
• Molloy Security for keeping us safe throughout the night
• All the students who responded "YES" to the challenge of Boxtown!