Campus Ministries is enlivened by the Catholic faith, bringing together students, faculty and staff in the common search for Veritas - the truth. Our motto H-O-P-E stands for Hospitality - OP is the Dominican way - E - for everyone! The Dominican way means seekers of truth through prayer, reflection, community, study and service.
Opportunities for Prayer
- Daily mass every Monday through Friday at 12:15 p.m. in Sacred Heart Chapel.
- Evening mass every Sunday at 8:30 p.m. in the Sacred Heart Chapel.
- Join the liturgical ensemble. Use your musical talents, voice or intruments to enhance our masses and prayer services throughout the year.
- Liturgical ministers, extraordinary ministers of the eucharist, lectors, altar servers, ushers and gift bearers are all needed at various times for our masses and prayer services.
- The sacrament of reconciliation with the College chaplain.
- Weekly advent and lenten prayer sessions during the liturgical seasons.
- There are two scheduled overnight retreats off-campus during the fall and spring semesters. Our Earth-based retreat is one Friday per semester.
- If you have not received all of the sacraments or you would like to find out about becoming Catholic, please come and talk with us.
- The Sacred Heart Chapel is open day and evenings. All are welcome.
Opportunities for Service
- Appalachia project: Spend a week in the summer at the Big Laurel Learning Center in Naugatuck, West Virginia running a camp for children. Experience the beauty of the people and the land.
- Boxtown at Bethany: Come and spend an evening with women and children of Bethany House. Learn what it is like to be homeless on Long Island.
- Boxtown at Molloy College: Sleep out, overnight in a box and raise funds for Bethany House. Learn about and experience the life of the homeless for a night.
- Midnight runs: Collect, prepare and deliver food and clothes by van to the homeless on the streets of Manhattan between the hours of 10 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- Serving the poor at home: Local soup kitchen and outreach center.
- Sponsor a family: Be Santa for a family in need. Gift-giving to specific families of Our Lady of Loretto parish who will have little at Christmas.
Opportunities for Community
- Spend time in our lounge, Public Square Room 390, to study, meet other students or just to relax during the day.
- The campus ministers and chaplain are always available if you need someone to talk to. No appointment necessary.