Our mission at Molloy encourages us to be participants who support and serve the community for the greater good. Voting, a right granted to us by the Constitution of the United States, is one way that we can carry out that mission.
"Voting and participating in the democratic process are key. The vote is the most powerful nonviolent change agent you have in a democratic society. You must use it because it is not guaranteed. You can lose it." - John Lewis, July 2020
Important Dates Regarding Voting Registration:
- Mail-in registration: October 9, 2020 (Received no later than October 14, 2020)
- In-person registration: October 9, 2020
- Change of address: October 9, 2020
- Absentee Ballot applications: Last date to postmark October 27, 2020
Deliver in-person November 2, 2020
- Ballot for voting: Postmarked by November 3, 2020
Deliver by November 3, 2020
Learn more about early voting.
Molloy College collaborates with the Nassau County Board of Elections and the League of Women Voters to provide information and:
- educate the community about critical issues
- simplify the registration process
- encourage you to vote
Learn more about the issues:
FactCheck.org provides bipartisan fact checks on important social issues.
Politifact evaluates statements by candidates and elected officials.
Votesmart evaluates candidates and elected officials on their positions and statements.
Every election is important, from local to national, the issues at stake affect each of our lives every day. Be part of the history that is made every single day: register and make sure to vote!