Are You the Future Leader of our Nationally Recognized Nursing Program?
With the retirement of Jeannine D. Muldoon, Ph.D., RN, Dean and Professor of Nursing, the Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing at Molloy College is embarking on a search for its next leader. Reporting to Ann Z. Branchini, Ph.D., Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty, the Dean is responsible for providing leadership, vision, and overall direction for all nursing programs at the College. The Dean is expected to be an advocate for expanded programmatic excellence and impact, rooted in an understanding of the institution, its history and the Dominican tradition, as a leader of all constituencies associated with nursing programs.
Candidates for the Deanship Should Possess the Following:
- Earned doctorate in Nursing or a related field and a Master's Degree in Nursing
- Minimum rank of Associate Professor; tenured preferred
- Relevant administrative experience in a baccalaureate and/or higher degree program in Nursing with demonstrated leadership ability
- Preparation and experience in teaching in a baccalaureate and/or higher degree program in Nursing and demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and nursing practice
- Significant involvement in research/scholarly activities
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in nursing practice
- Currently licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York State
Primary Administrative Responsibilities of the Deanship:
- Provide leadership, vision and oversight for the School, overall direction for all programs, and act as a liaison with all constituencies associated with the School
- Represent the School in matters related to the Office of Advancement
- Provide leadership to nursing community at large in matters relating to nursing education, legal and ethical concerns, and political and legislative concerns
- Foster the awareness of Molloy's nursing programs locally, regionally and nationallyConsult with Associate Deans/ Program Directors to inform the Operational & Capital Budget of the School
- Oversee curriculum development, revision, and change and program integrity and quality
- Oversee program evaluation related to professional standards and accreditation bodies
- Consult with specific Associate Deans/Program Directors for the Hiring of Faculty & Staff. The Dean will meet with finalists for a position and in consultation with Chairperson will make a recommendation to the VPAA
- Identify opportunities for grants
- Foster active faculty involvement in research and publication
- Maintain active involvement in research
- Maintain channels of communication with students
Nomination and Application Process
Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All nominations, applications, and inquiries will be held in full confidence until finalists are identified for on-campus interviews.
Molloy College is being assisted in this search by Spencer Stuart and nominators and prospective candidates may direct inquiries or indications of interest to Diane Westmore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials in the support of individual interest should consist of a curriculum vitae and a cover letter addressing qualifications and fit to the expectations outlined in this announcement.
"Molloy College does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, or military status; in its administration of educational policies, programs or activities; its admissions policies; or in employment practices."