Helpful Websites

Resources with helpful information:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Access up-to-the-date, important information about your education benefits and eligibility.

New York State Division of Veterans Affairs
A source of information for the New York State Veteran, including education, scholarships and Veterans Tuition Awards.

Student Veterans of America
Their mission is to provide military Veterans with the resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education.   
A resource for Veterans that provides information on education benefits, tuition assistance, spouse/family benefits and available scholarships.   

GI Bill
Read about the history of the GI bill and what its benefits mean to you.

GI Bill Pamphlet

The eBenefits website is an official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website that enables service members, Veterans and their beneficiaries to manage and apply for benefits online.

Veterans Crisis Line: 1.800.273.8255 (Press 1)
This website connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders. You can reach out through their confidential toll-free hotline, online chat or text.

Yellow Ribbon Program
Learn about this Post 9-11 GI Bill provision that allows Veterans to attend private schools and graduate programs that cost more than the state tuition cap. Yellow Ribbon Program FAQ's

Federal Student Aid
An Office of the U.S. Department of Education the helps Veterans prepare for college, research available aid and apply for funding.

GI Bill Comparison Tool
Learn about education programs and compare estimated benefits.

Assistance Act - Forever GI Bill (PDF)
The Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, also known as the "Forever GI Bill," was signed into law on August 17, 2017, and brings significant changes to Veterans' education benefits over the next few years. Most enhance or expand education benefits for Veterans, servicemembers, families and survivors. Here's a list of the changes and when they go into effect.

Department of Defense Form DD214 for Discharge Papers
Request your military service records online at this National Archives website.