I'm a Veteran. How do I apply to Molloy College? (Also applicable for the spouse or dependent of a Veteran).
Apply for Educational benefits online at eBenefits. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), which you will provide to the Registrar's Office at Molloy. If you are attending another school and transferring, you need to complete the Department of Veterans Affairs, form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, this can be done online via the eBenefits website.

How much will it cost to attend Molloy?
Tuition information is available on the Molloy College website, as well as under "Estimated Cost of Attending," in our catalog. Once you have your COE and know your benefit eligibility, the Bursar's Office can assist with estimating your out-of-pocket share of the bill if you are not covered in full.

What am I entitled to receive?
Veterans may be eligible to receive tuition and fee payment, housing allowance and/or a book stipend - all depending on benefit eligibility. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website has general benefit information. Direct specific questions regarding benefits to the VA at 1.888.442.4551. Molloy's School Certifying Official in the Registrar's Office will not have access to this information.

As a Veteran, what type of financial aid will I receive?
To be considered for Federal, State, and Institutional need-based aid, we urge you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before the first of May, each academic year. FAFSA covers federal grants and federal student loans. You should also apply for Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for New York state aid to see if you are eligible for for funding. Molloy College scholarships and grants are also available.

Who is eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Only Veterans and their dependents (under "Transfer of Entitlement") are eligible. Active duty Service members and their spouses are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program. The Chapter 33-Post 9/11 GI Bill cap for the upcoming 2018-2019 year for private schools is $23,671.94. A Yellow Ribbon student may be eligible to receive a maximum, additional $5,000 from Molloy and the VA will match the $5000 for their tuition and fees beyond $23,671.94. 

Will my military credits be accepted?
Molloy College grants transferable credits to military servicemen or Veterans who have completed certifications and other credits earned through various training courses. Examples include credits documented on the Sailor/Marine/American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMARTS) and the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) transcripts and are evaluated on an individual basis. Physical education credit will be granted for basic training. Additional credits can be earned through college-level exams such as CLEP and DSST with the recommended ACE (The American Council on Education) scores.

How much housing money will I receive under the Chapter 33-Post 9/11 GI Bill?
Students can go to the GI Bill Comparison Tool and enter Molloy College to see the housing rate for our school. Under the Chapter 33-Post 9/11 GI Bill, a Veteran enrolled at more than one-half time can qualify for a monthly housing allowance based on the Department of Defense's (DOD) Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate for an E-5 with dependents.

The VA determines eligibility for housing allowance by calculating the rate of pursuit. Rate of pursuit is expressed in a percentage calculated by dividing the number of credits in which the student is enrolled by the number of credits considered to be full time. A student with a rate of pursuit greater than 50% can qualify for the housing allowance.