FAFSA for 2018-2019 Academic Year
Molloy College's Financial Aid Office wants to make you aware that is time to file your FAFSA for 2018-2018 academic year. The process is smoother and easier for the next academic year at Molloy College.
Early FAFSA or Prior-Prior Year
What is Prior-Prior Year?
Prior-Prior Year is a term used to describe the ability to process your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at an earlier time frame.
What changed for 2018-2019?
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be available for filing online starting October 1, 2017.
- The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling you to complete and submit a FAFSA as early every October 1 of each academic year.
- You'll use earlier income and tax information. For 2018-2019 FAFSA you will be required to report income and tax information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2018-2018 FAFSA, you - and your parent(s), as appropriate - will report your 2016 income and tax information, rather than your 2017 income and tax information.
- Beginning Oct. 1, 2017, the Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) will available to use with the 2018-2019 FAFSA form. The IRS DRT remains the fastest, most accurate way to imput your tax return information into the FAFSA form.
- All new and current (undergraduate and graduate) Molloy College students must file the FAFSA on an annual basis. Prior-Prior Year is a yearly process.
- FAFSA filing deadlines for Molloy College has changed to March 1 (check out our Applying for Aid page).
- The Financial Aid office has sent student emails notifying them of the upcoming changes; please refer to an email sent to your Molloy email account on Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
NEW- 2018-2019 FAF$A FEST (file your 18-19 FAFSA for a chance to be entered to win a prize!
- Prize 1: HD8 Kindle Fire *To be entered to win, please
- Prize 2: Molloy College Sweatshirt print your FAFSA completion
- Prize 3: Molloy College Bookstore gift card confirmation page & submit
- Prize 4: Molloy College Blanket & Umbrella it to the Financial Aid Office*
Submit your confirmation between November 1st -December 18th