What Can You do with a Sociology Degree?
Students can use sociology to prepare for a wide range of careers. The Sociology major is ideal for the student who wants to understand how society is organized, the way people from various groups interact, and why people do what they do. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Projections Program: Employment of sociologists is projected to grow 9 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations.
*Top Jobs for Sociology Degree Majors
- Market Research Analyst
- Human Resource Representative
- Management Consultant ·
- Guidance Counselor
*Sociology graduates will possess skills that can:
Analyze, describe, inform and shape policy, as well as, foster diversity
- Work as a Research Assistant for a Corporation or the Government analyzing data, developing solutions, and promoting social change.
Plan, develop, implement, recruit, motivate, evaluate, and foster diversity
- Work in Human Resources maintaining records, fostering effective communication, developing employee training.
Create, strategize, solve problems, drive change, provide insight, and foster diversity
- Work in Sales & Marketing in Business and Non-Profits or at Facebook or in Financial markets as a Product Marketing Analyst or Research Analyst.
Work with Various populations like Seniors, Infants, Teens, Vets, Disabled People, Abuse Victims, LGBTQ
- Work in Service Professions as Counselors, Child Advocacy, and Case Managers
*Source: BY MIKE PROFITA www.thebalancecareers.com 1/19/19