Welcome to the Department of Political Science. We offer courses on the Politics of the United States, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. A major in Political Science will equip you with vital analytical, writing and communication skills sought by employers. Our distinguished group of faculty possess the knowledge and experience required to guide you through your academic journey. Our rigorous curriculum will equip you with the knowledge and vital critical thinking, writing, and communication skills needed to pursue your future career. We offer a variety of internship opportunities at government offices in Long Island, New York City, Albany and Washington D.C. that will provide you with valuable experience as it relates to your future goals and career aspirations.
Career opportunities for Molloy College Political Science majors are vast. With a degree in Political Science, you can pursue a career in:
- Non-profit organizations
Political Science at Molloy provides:
- Individualized attention: You will be assigned a faculty advisor who will guide you through your undergraduate studies.
- Distinguished group of faculty: Our faculty are experienced scholars and policymaking practitioners with expertise in American, European and international fields of history and politics.
- Internship opportunities: Our students have the opportunity to serve as interns at government offices and non-profit organizations in New York City, Long Island, Albany and Washington. We also participate in the Lower Hudson Valley Catholic College and university Consortium to the United Nations.
- Career-minded curriculum: Under the supervision of a faculty member, students can focus their studies on tracks that include American, European, and international politics.
- Global education and travel: Students majoring in political science learn about foreign cultures and have the opportunity to travel the world with Molloy's global learning program.
History and Political Science Club
The History and Political Science Club offers unique opportunities for students to further their knowledge of History and Political Science related topics. Every semester, the club takes the students on special field trips of historical and political significance. These include the United Nations, Sagamore Hill, the Morgan Library, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Tenement Museum.
B.A. Political Science - M.A. Government & Politics Pathway
Be career ready in five years with our B.A. Political Science - M.A. Government & Politics Pathway (PDF).
For more information, please contact the Dean's Office in the School of Arts and Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.323.3433.