Welcome to the Department of Political Science. We offer courses on the Politics of the United States, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. A major in Political Science will equip you with vital analytical, writing and communication skills sought by employers. Our distinguished group of faculty possess the knowledge and experience required to guide you through your academic journey. We offer a variety of internship opportunities at government offices in Long Island, New York City, Albany and Washington D.C. that will provide you with valuable experience as it relates to your future goals and career aspirations.
Career opportunities for Molloy College Political Science majors are vast. With a degree in Political Science, you can pursue a career in government, law, education, journalism, publishing, business, and non-profit organizations among other things. Our rigorous curriculum will equip you with the knowledge and vital critical thinking, writing, and communication skills needed to pursue your future career.
Political Science at Molloy provides:
- Individualized attention: You will be assigned a faculty advisor who will guide you through your undergraduate studies.
- Distinguished group of faculty: Our faculty are experienced scholars and policymaking practitioners with expertise in American, European and international fields of history and politics.
- Internship opportunities: Our students have the opportunity to serve as interns at government offices and non-profit organizations in New York City Long Island, Albany and Washington. We also participate in the Lower Hudson Valley Catholic College and university Consortium to the United Nations.
- Career-minded curriculum: Under the supervision of a faculty member, students can focus their studies on tracks that include American, European, and international politics.
- Global education and travel: Students majoring in political science learn about foreign cultures and have the opportunity to travel the world with Molloy's global learning program.