Education & Experience:
- Ph.D., Marquette University, 2011 - 2017
Dissertation: "The Social and Historical Subject in Sartre and Foucault and Its Implications for Healthcare Ethics."
- Bachelor of Arts, Luther College, 2004 - 2008
Areas of Specialty: Biomedical Ethics, Continental Philosophy
- "An Existentialist Analysis of 'Stand Your Ground' Laws." Forthcoming in Public Affairs Quarterly (2017).
- "Biopower, Normalization, and HPV: A Foucauldian Analysis of the HPV Vaccine Controversy." Journal of Medical Humanities. 37.3 (2016): 299-312.
- "Guilty of Being a Dwarf: Tyrion's Existential Authenticity." in The Ultimate Game of Thrones and Philosophy, edited by Robert Arp and Eric Silverman, Open Court (2016).
- "A Sartrean Analysis of Conscientious Objection in Healthcare: Workplace Decisions in Light of Group Praxis." Business and Professional Ethics. (34.2) 2015: 195-214.
- "Schopenhauer's Intelligible Character and Sartre's Fundamental Project." The Journal of Idealistic Studies (44.1) 2014: 101-118.
- "Bad Faith, Authenticity, and Responsibilities to Future Generations: A Sartrean Approach." Environmental Ethics (36.4) 2014: 455-470.
Edited Books (In progress):
Westworld and Philosophy. Blackwell Pop Culture and Philosophy Series. Co-Edited with James South. Forthcoming Fall 2017.
- "The Practico-Inert and Our Possibilities: Social and Historical Subjectivity" North American Sartre Society, 22nd meeting, University of North Carolina Wilmington, November 2016.
- "The Ethical Subject in Sartre and Foucault: Reflection, Empathy, and Invention"North American Sartre Society, 21st meeting, Bethlehem, PA, November 2015.
- "Emotion and Deadly Force: A Sartrean Phenomenological Analysis of 'Stand Your Ground'." APA Central, Main Program, St. Louis, February 2015.
- "Biopower, Normalization, and HPV: A Foucauldian Analysis of the HPV Vaccine Controversy." APA Central, Main Program, Chicago, March 2014.
- "The Pledged Group of Medicine: A Sartrean Approach to Conscientious Objection in Health Care." North American Sartre Society, 19th Meeting, Texas A&M, College Station, November 2012
- ETH 505 Advanced Medical Ethics
- ETH 257 Business Ethics
- ETH 280H Global Ethics