The New Media Bachelor of Science Degree is a 33 Credit core curriculum with 15 credits of required elective credits.
- NMD 228 - Writing for the Web
- NMD 243 - Introduction to New Media
- NMD 244 - Online Content Production
- NMD 246 - Civic Engagement
- NMD 309 - History of Digital Media
- NMD 310 - Video Storytelling / YouTubers class
- NMD 381 - Digital Applications
- NMD 392 - Advanced Online Content Production
- NMD 440 and 441 - New Media Internships
- NMD 444 - Critical Making for New Media
Students are encouraged to double minor or double major where possible. New Media is a 48 credit Bachelor of Science Communications Degree.
Required Electives chosen with advisor
15 credits of required electives chosen from Digital Art, Digital Writing, Computer Science, and Ethics.
The ideal New Media major has a clear career goal in mind and a passion for creating digital content as well as civic expression. Under advisement, the student can customize their approach to become a well-informed New Media scholar and professional.
Molloy By The Numbers
Of all freshmen receive
Student retention rate
among the nation's highest rate
miles to midtown
so close to the Big Apple
their degree last year