Imagine a career where you can use your compassion and love of music to make a difference in the lives of others. A career in music therapy may be just for you! Music therapy is an established, goal-directed healthcare profession that uses music and specially designed musical experiences to improve the quality of lives of children and adults with disabilities or illnesses. The goal of the music therapy department is to develop qualified music therapy professionals who have met the competencies of Molloy College's academic and clinical program as well as the competencies set forth by the American Music Therapy Association.
Molloy College is proud to offer:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in music therapy
- A Master of Science degree in music therapy
- A dual degree in music therapy (B.S./M.S)
Some of the many benefits of receiving training in music therapy at Molloy College include:
- Molloy College offers the only Bachelor's degree program in music therapy on Long Island and Manhattan that is approved by the American Music Therapy Association.
- The music therapy program is interdisciplinary and incorporates a music curriculum as well as coursework in psychology.
- Molloy College professors will encourage and monitor your progress as a musician, teach you guidelines for patient evaluations and provide models for treatment.
Molloy College is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).