Admissions and Auditions
An interview, an audition and a theory placement examination are required of all prospective Music majors, Music Therapy majors and Music Education majors.
All applicants, regardless of the program of interest, must audition. All applicants are expected to come prepared to perform:
- A minimum of two works that demonstrate contrasting styles
- All major scales on primary instrument
- A sightreading example that is provided at the time of audition
In addition, applicants will be asked to match pitch and sightsing short patterns on a neutral syllable.
- Undergraduate: Friday, January 27, 2017, Friday, February 3, 2017, and Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Transfer: Friday, March 10, 2017
- Graduate: Friday, February 24, 2017, Saturday, February 25, 2017, and Friday, March 10, 2017
Theory Placement Exam
It is essential for incoming students to take a theory placement examination to ensure proper advisement and placement in courses.
For more information, contact:
Coleen Petersen, Administrative Assistant, 516.323.3320.
Lora Heller, Special Projects Coordinator, email@example.com.