Academic Standards and Requirements
Goals and Objectives
Recognizing that there are students interested in attending Molloy College who are unable to satisfy their needs and interests in single-discipline majors, Molloy College has created this interdisciplinary studies major to meet these needs and interests. Such highly motivated students will be enabled to provide themselves with the enrichment of a broad liberal arts education and at the end of the program of study be able to:
- Articulate the value of each of their discipline concentrations within the scope of interdisciplinary studies and the General Education Program.
- Compare and critically evaluate significant concepts, theories and perspectives related to the field of interdisciplinary studies.
- Utilize their information literacy skills by engaging in scholarly research and producing a major final seminar paper/project related to their selected interdisciplinary concentrations.
- Appraise the field of interdisciplinary studies and its value to their personal and professional growth and development.
- Speak and write effectively regarding the knowledge, skills, and values shaped within the integrative process of interdisciplinary study and their life experience.
- Continue studies at the graduate level.
Just choose the subject areas that interest you from the list below and let's get started!
|Communications||Computer Information Science||Computer science|
|Criminal justice||Earth and environmental studies||English|