Molloy College Humanities Scholarship 2017-2018
Leading with Languages and the Global Citizen Essay Contest for High School Seniors
Essay Topic: Leading with Languages and the Global Citizen
Students will write and submit a personal and thoughtful 600 to 800 word essay which includes the answers of the following questions:
- How has the experience of learning a second language enabled you to see the world with new eyes?
- Why do you think learning about and understanding other cultureswill make you a better leader?
- How has being in a language class inspired you to become a global citizen?
- Be a senior in High School
- Be a humanities1 major entering Molloy College in Fall 2018
- Have taken at least two years of a language other than Englishat the high school level.
How to apply:
- Have a World Languages teacher send a letter of recommendation on your behalf to email@example.com
The deadline for the submission is March 28, 2018. Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on April 3, 2018. For more information email Dr. Susana Rubio at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516.323.3305.
*Humanities programs at Molloy College include: Art, Communications, English, History, Interdisciplinary Studies, Modern Languages, Music, New Media, Philosophy, Political Science, Theatre Arts, Theology and Religious Studies.