Molloy College Humanities Scholarship 2017-2018
Leading with Languages and the Global Citizen Essay Contest for High School Seniors
Essay Topic: Leading with Languages and the Global Citizen
Students will write and submit a personal and thoughtful 600 to 800 word essay which includes the answers to the following questions:
- How has the experience of learning a second language enabled you to see the world with new eyes?
- Why do you think learning about and understanding other cultures will make you a better leader?
- How has being in a language class inspired you to become a global citizen?
- Be a senior in High School.
- *Be a humanities major entering Molloy College in Fall 2018.
- Have taken at least two years of a language other than English at the high school level.
How to apply:
- Have a World Languages teacher send a letter of recommendation on your behalf to email@example.com.
The deadline for the submission is March 28, 2018. Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on April 3, 2018. For more information email Dr. Susana Rubio at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516.323.3305.
*Humanities programs at Molloy College include: Art, Communications, English, History, Interdisciplinary Studies, Modern Languages, Music, New Media, Philosophy, Political Science, Theatre Arts, Theology and Religious Studies.