Welcome to the Department of History. We offer courses on the History of the United States, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. A major in History will equip you with vital analytical, written and communication skills sought by employers. Our distinguished group of faculty possess the knowledge and experience required to guide you through your academic journey. We offer a variety of internship opportunities at historical societies, museums, and nonprofit organizations in Long Island and New York City that will provide you with valuable experience as it relates to your future goals and career aspirations.
Career opportunities for Molloy College History majors are vast. With a degree in History, you can pursue a career in education, government, law, journalism, publishing, business, and non-profit organizations among other things. Our rigorous curriculum will equip you with the knowledge and vital critical thinking, writing, and communication skills needed to pursue your future career.
History at Molloy provides:
- Individualized attention: You will be assigned a faculty advisor who will guide you through your undergraduate studies.
- Distinguished group of faculty: Our faculty are experienced scholars and policymaking practitioners with expertise in American, European and international fields of history.
- Internship opportunities: Our students have the opportunity to serve as interns at historical societies, museums, and non-profit organizations in New York City and Long Island.
- Career-minded curriculum: Under the supervision of a faculty member, students can focus their studies on tracks that include American, European, and international history.
- Global education and travel: Students majoring in history learn about foreign cultures and have the opportunity to travel the world with Molloy's global learning program.