Digital Art Concentration
Are you inspired by the dynamic world of digital art?
Do you have a desire to express your artistic talent in the fantastic 3-Dimensional universe of the digital realm?
Do you find yourself working on art projects solely on a computer?
Then a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a Digital Arts Concentration at Molloy might be of tremendous interest to you in college and beyond.
Our 16 credit, 8 semester program is an experiential balance of the traditional with the digital. Classical instilled tactile-visual developmental skills are built upon a wide assortment of Fine Arts experiences in both Two and Three-Dimensional Design media. In addition to this, a full understanding of Art History from the past to the present will enhance every aspect of digital expression. This prescribed foundation establishes a perfect background for creating cutting edge digital art in all our computer graphics offerings:
- ART 180 INTRO TO DIGITAL ART
- ART 181/282 PAINT SYSTEMS I, II
- ART 182/282 ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR I
- ART 183/283 ADOBE PHOTOSHOP I, II
- ART 184/284 ADOBE AFTER INDESIGN I, II
- ART 272/372/376 ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS I, II, III
- ART 273/373/375 THREE-DIMENSIONAL COMPUTER GRAPHICS/ANIMATION I, II, III
- ART 274 INTERACTIVE MULTIMEDIA DESIGN
- ART 157 DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
Our BFA Digital Art concentration students can also enrich their career portfolio by selecting art electives in:
- ART 245 INTRODUCTION TO GRAPHIC DESIGN
- ART 246 TYPOGRAPHY DESIGN
- ART 251 PHOTOGRAPHY II
- ART 252 DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHY
- ART 302 PHOTO JOURNALISM
- ART 311 ILLUSTRATION
- ART 350 ADVANCED PHOTOGRAPHY
- ART 391 SELECTED STUDIES IN GRAPHIC DESIGN
- ART 475 STRATEGIES FOR A SUCCESSFUL ARTS CAREER
In addition to the above offerings, many forward thinking students conside taking classes or even a minor (18 credits) within the Communication Department, the NEW MEDIA program or the Business Department, these courses include but are not limited to:
- COM 244 ON LINE CONTENT PRODUCTION
- COM 246 CIVIC ENGAGEMENT WITH NEW MEDIA
- COM 242 TELEVISION PRODUCTION FOR NON MAJORS
- COM 247 SPORTS COMMUNICATION
- COM 248 ONLINE JOURNALISM
- COM 257 EVENT PLANNING
- COM 259 INTRODUCTION TO ADVERTISING
- COM 131 UNDERSTANDING SOCIAL MEDIA
- COM 210 PUBLIC SPEAKING
- COM 213 INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATIONS
- COM 222 MEDIA CULTURE AND SOCIETY
- COM 228 WRITING FOR THE WEB
- COM 239 PUBLIC SPEAKING FOR BUSINESS
- BUS 315 ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- BUS 330 PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
- BUS 337 MARKETING STRATEGY
- BUS 342 DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING
- BUS 344 ADVERTISING AND INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
The above described program is rigorous but it prepares our students with a solid arts foundation and the means to carve out a career in a multitude of areas.
Every step of the way, you will be mentored by Master Teachers whose professional experience, creativity, organizational skills and connections to various arts industries insures the highest level of student success upon graduation.
Please consider the Molloy College Art Department and make a point to check us out by attending our fall and spring OPEN HOUSES, or by participating in one of our Pre-College, Saturday Portfolio Development classes for high school students: INTRO TO DIGITAL DESIGN INTRO TO LIFE DRAWING. The tuition for each of these 8-week courses of study is $100. and financial aid is available upon request.
Each year, we also give a substantial number of Academic and Art Scholarships to promising incoming freshmen.
Call for additional information and a personal interview/portfolio review with the Art Department Chairperson, Leonard Antinori at 516.323.3185.