Being an educator is the perfect way to make a difference in someone's life. At Molloy College, we respect that time-honored tradition and are dedicated to inspire you, reaffirm your commitment to teach and prepare you to enter the classroom as a skilled educator.
Want to become someone's favorite teacher? Start at Molloy College. Our Education Division prepares you to turn your passion for education into effective teaching. With undergraduate, dual-degree and graduate programs that combine a solid liberal arts foundation with national, state and institutional teaching and learning standards, our graduates rank among the best prepared in the field and go on to hold prestigious positions in education.
Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), Molloy delivers a value-centered, multidimensional experience that provides you with exactly what effective teachers need.
You'll learn from an accomplished faculty who bring their experience and love for teaching into the Molloy classrooms - which are small - fostering one-on-one attention. You'll also spend time off-campus in classrooms of your own with a variety of field experiences, including the opportunity for an international education program in London.
Whether you're dreaming of becoming a teacher or are already in the field, Molloy is the place to earn your Bachelor's or Master's degree. We offer:
- Undergraduate programs in childhood/early childhood education, childhood/special education, adolescence, adolescence/special education, music education, or visual arts education. We also offer dual-degree programs in childhood/special education or adolescence/special education that enable you to earn your bachelor and master's degrees in just five years.
- Graduate programs in early childhood/childhood education, special education or TESOL, adolescence education, special education or TESOL and advanced certificates in special education and TESOL.
Our Division of Education will develop your competency in content knowledge, preparation, instructional delivery, classroom management, student development and assessment, collaboration and reflective and responsive practice. We are proud to say that Molloy-educated teachers are characterized by their depth and breadth of knowledge in the academic content areas and in professional education. In short, we educate some of the finest educators.
Education is a multi-dimensional profession, so to help you better understand the challenges of the contemporary classroom, we will guide you through the philosophical, historical and sociological foundations of education. These ABCs of education will form a strong knowledge base that will serve you well throughout your teaching career.
Teacher candidates may seek preparation for an initial New York state teaching certificate in:
- Childhood Education
- Childhood/Early Childhood
- Childhood/Special Education
- Adolescence Education
- Adolescence/Special Education
- Gifted Education Extension - Pre K-12
Education By The Numbers
of education students earn their
NYS teaching certification
Our graduation rate is 10%
higher than other L.I. colleges
Score at a mastery level
on the NYS exam
Undergraduates graduated with
128 teaching certifications