Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
Think an exciting career in criminal justice may be right for you? Then think about earning your degree at Molloy University on Long Island. Our undergraduate, dual-degree, legal studies minor/paralegal certificate and graduate programs are taught by professors with real-world experience and include internships in a criminal justice agency for every student, so you'll graduate prepared for the rigors of working in the challenging criminal justice system of today ... and to lead it tomorrow.
At Molloy, you'll benefit from:
- Hands-on experience with an internship at a criminal justice agency. Every Molloy student does one - and gains the invaluable knowledge only real-world experience can provide.
- Relationships with leaders in the field. Our faculty is comprised of scholar practitioners from areas like law enforcement, the legal field and the corrections system who bring their real-world experience into the classroom.
- Individualized attention. Our classrooms are optimum sized and our program is focused on meeting your individual needs with a faculty advisor assigned specifically to you.
- Cross-cultural opportunities. Closely aligned with Molloy's global learning program, criminal justice students travel the world, touring other systems and preparing them for our ever-changing global world.
- Leading-edge programs. Our advisory board of leading local enforcement professionals-and sponsorship of innovative international and national programs and activities-bring the best minds in criminal justice to our campus.
- Our Legal Studies minor/paralegal certificate program is approved by the American Bar Association (ABA). This opportunity is for students who wish increase their appreciation for the importance of law and prepare for legal careers in both the public and private sector. Students who successfully complete the Legal Studies minor automatically earn an ABA-approved Certificate in Paralegal Studies that is the educational requirement to work as a paralegal. This certificate is earned at no additional cost.