SAT Exam Prep
Please note that we are offering our Spring 2021 SAT program classes as classroom courses at the Rockville Centre campus.
Please also note that the SAT brochure that was mailed out had typos in the Monday evening section dates. The course has no class dates of 3/29 and 4/5 and will end on 5/3. The schedule below is correct. The corrected brochure can be downloaded by clicking here.
Molloy College offers SAT exam preparation courses every fall and spring.
SAT Exam Preparation for High School Students
We have a proven record of successful SAT exam preparation! High school students will prepare for the SAT including the critical reading, math, and writing sections. Students rave about the individualized attention they receive from our experienced, professional SAT instructors. Those who have taken our course have increased their SAT scores by up to 360 points as a result of the course's proven test-taking strategies and intensive review. The course fee includes all of the latest SAT prep materials. The course runs once a year in the spring for 6 sessions from mid-March to the late April/early May.
Both the evening and Saturday sections of the SAT course will be held on Molloy's Rockville Centre campus. Classroom locations to be announced. Please click here to download a campus map with directions to the campus.
Program Coordinator: Vanessa Podesta, M.A.
Course number: SAT1400. Tuition: $575
Schedule and Registration
|21SSAT1400A||SAT Exam Preparation||3/13/21||5/1/21||Sa : 9:30 AM - 12:45 AM (no classes 3/27 & 4/3)||$575|
|21SSAT1400B||SAT Exam Preparation||3/15/21||5/3/21||M : 6:30 PM - 9:45 PM (no classes 3/29 & 4/5)||$575|
Click here for the schedule of classes and to register online. Phone in registration is available by calling 516 323.3550 with your MasterCard, Discover or Visa. We are working remotely, so please leave your name, number and a good time to call you back and we will return your call.
The schedule of classes comes out in our catalog which is mailed twice a year (January and July) to students who have made an inquiry or registered within the last 6 months. However, the most up-to-date scheduling information can be found on the program webpage. We will also email you reminders of the upcoming schedule if you have provided us with an email address. Request a catalog or join our mailing list.
Students enrolled in an SAT prep section are not permitted to attend the course on a different day or evening after the course has started without the permission of the SAT prep coordinator. This permission can be obtained by emailing Vanessa Podesto at email@example.com. She will attempt to accommodate each student's need for a make-up session, subject to the availability of space in a given classroom.
Under no circumstance will the student be allowed to attend more than one make-up session during the course. This restriction will allow the maximum number of students to attend make-up sessions without overcrowding classrooms.
I know that you might be concerned about your son or daughter returning to the classroom and we are taking all the necessary health and safety restrictions recommended by the Center for Disease Control and the NYS Department of Health. Some of these measures include:
- We will follow guidelines for physical distancing, which will restrict the number of students and faculty in each learning space. Our classes are already small and we have made them even smaller, so we will be able to reconfigure our classroom space to maintain a recommended 6-foot space between seats.
- For the protection of all members of our community, a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth must be worn at all Molloy locations in every enclosed space by individuals who are able to tolerate such covering. You must have a face covering in order to take your class.
- Every Molloy College location will have temperature kiosks. Every individual will be required to take their temperature upon entry into the building when they arrive. Students who have a fever will be asked to leave for the day. Information retrieved from the kiosks will be delivered to Health Services and kept confidential.
- All members of the Molloy community (employees, students, vendors, and scheduled visitors), are expected to self-monitor their health every day. Each individual must complete the COVID-19 Symptom Questionnaire every day prior to coming to a Molloy location. The COVID-19 Symptom Questionnaire will be sent to you. Please complete the COVID-19 Symptom Questionnaire prior to coming to class for each session and hand it in to your faculty member in class.
- As you may know, travelers to New York from certain states and territories are required to quarantine for 14 days upon their arrival in New York. The listing of travel advisory states continues to change. Click here for the full list of states. Click here for detailed guidance on the quarantine requirements. Please remember to check the list of states under Travel Advisory and fill out the Travel Screening form if you have traveled out of New York. Please continue to check our website, the New York State Department of Health COVID-19 pages, and the CDC to find the most up to date information and news regarding the coronavirus.
Classroom Format and Additional Course Information
We will be conducting the course as a classroom course at Molloy's Rockville Centre campus. However, if the situation should change and we are no longer able to offer classroom classes prior to the start date, the course will be canceled and a full refund we be provided. If we are no longer able to offer classroom classes after the start date, the course will be canceled and a prorated refund we be provided based upon the number of unmet sessions. Students will be able to keep the course materials after the course has started in the event the course is canceled. We will not be offering an online option for the course.
Have a question? Call 516.323.3550 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.