Tuition, Financial Aid and Refund Information

  • When is payment due for a course? Payment is due at time of registration, however, purchase orders will also be accepted. See below for details on purchase orders and financial aid.
  • How is tuition to be paid? The amount of tuition is indicated next to each course description. Cash, money order, check and credit card (MasterCard, Discover or VISA) are acceptable forms of payment. Make checks payable to Molloy University. There are no registration fees - tuition is all you pay.
  • Are there any discounts available? Yes, the following discounts apply to Continuing Education courses. Only one discount may be used for a course.  Discounts are as follows:
    Senior Citizens - 10% (62+ proof of age required at time of registration)
    Molloy University Alumni - 25%

    Catholic Health Service Employees- 25%
    Molloy Institute for Lifelong Learning (MILL) Members - 25%
    Veterans and Active Military - 25%

    Discount Exceptions: No discounts granted for Test Prep Review courses, one day workshops, online courses, certain nursing courses or on any course $35 or less. When registering, you must inform and provide proof to this office of the discount that you are entitled to. Please note that some discounts may not be available through our online registration system. Please call 516.323.3550 for details.

  • Is financial aid available for continuing education courses? When planning to attend a continuing education course or program, an important consideration is the cost, which may include tuition, books and travel. With Molloy University, Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies, various financial assistance options are available to help students afford tuition. Since most Continuing Education courses do not lead to a college degree, they are not eligible for the traditional forms of financial aid, such as TAP and Pell. Some private lenders will help you finance continuing education and certificate programs.

However, other forms of  financial aid are available as follows:

- Student Loans
Students in certificate/non-degree programs may be eligible for alternative student loans. These loans are arranged between the student and a lender of his/her choosing and are not federally subsidized. These loans are similar to other consumer loans in that the lender will base eligibility on credit history and monthly debt to income ratio. The choice of a lender is ultimately your decision. Here are some things to consider as you seek possible lenders for alternative loans:

· Interest rate of the loan · Repayment schedule and monthly amounts· Length of repayment period· Total amount you will repay over the life of the loan· Penalties for missing monthly payments· Options for loan consolidationOrganizations that provide alternative educational loans for certificate/non-degree courses/programs can be reached by visiting their websites.

The following is a list of lenders to research to get you started:
 - Sallie Mae: 1 (800) 472-5543, 
 - College Ave Student Loans  844.422.7502,
 - List of various lending organizations:

Please know that Molloy University, Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies neither endorses nor recommends any lender.

Job Training Partnership Act - Workforce Investment Act
Federally sponsored programs provide a wide range of services including vocational assessment and counseling, job placement assistance, vocational skills training and availability of resource facilities. For qualifications and further information: Residents of the Town of Oyster Bay, Town of North Hempstead and the City of Glen Cove, contact Town of Oyster Bay Division of Employment Training 797-4560. Residents of the Town of Hempstead and the City of Long Beach contact Town of Hempstead Department of Occupational Resources (DOOR) 485-5000 or click here for further information.

- Vocational Services for Individuals with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability you may be eligible for funding through NYS ACCES-VR (Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation) formally known as VESID (Vocational Services for Individuals with Disabilities).  For more information please contact the Vocational Rehabilitation District office in your county

- Department of Veterans Affairs
The VA offers Educational Assistance program provides vouchers for education and training opportunities to eligible veterans and/or their dependents. These benefits may be used for degree and for non-credit courses and certificate programs.  Veterans are encouraged to contact their local VA office to see if they qualify for benefits.  For more information from the VA, please visit: If you should need assistance with the Molloy programs please contact, Vanessa Podesta, Assistant Director, Division of Continuing Education and Professional Development at: 516-323-3557 or by E-mail:

The following programs are approved for VA benefits:

Child Care
Addiction Studies
Home Inspection
Management Certificate
Medical Assisting
Medical Records
Pharmacy Tech
Real Estate
RN Refresher

- Voucher Opportunities
New York State Educational Incentive Program ( The educational Incentive Program (EIP) is a scholarship funded by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services. Its purpose is to assist child care providers in paying for the professional development training and education they need to provide quality care to children.

- Employer and Union Vouchers
Many employers and most unions have funds available to support worker education to upgrade your skills. Talk with your employer, Human Resources or union representative to see if you qualify. We can provide course registration documentation for you, if need be.

- Outside Scholarships
In some circumstances, Molloy University, Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies, may accept scholarships, grants, or vouchers from outside or independent organizations as a form of tuition payment. 

  • My company is paying for this course. Can you invoice them directly? Yes. Please provide us with your company's purchase order, educational voucher or documentation on company letterhead stating that they are responsible for payment along with the registration form and we will process an invoice directly to your company. Invoicing is available only if you register by mail or by fax.
  • What is your refund policy? If you withdraw from a course prior to the beginning of the course, a full refund is generally granted (See below for exceptions). Non-attendance does not constitute a withdrawal. After the first session, refunds will be made in accordance with the following schedule:

    Prior to the start of the second session: 80 percent refund
    After the second session: No refund

    During the first hour of class, the instructor will present an outline of the course along with the course goals and objectives. If the student does not feel that this course will meet their expectations, then a full refund will be granted if the student presents their refund request on the first business day after the class has met.

    No refunds will be granted on a one or two-day course after the course has been completed, however a tuition credit may be granted. The refund policy for certain certificate and professional programs, such as nursing, is on a program-by-program basis. Consult the individual program description for details.

    Notice of withdrawal must be made directly to a representative of the Division of Continuing Education and Professional Development either by phone, fax or in-person.

Molloy By the numbers


Money magazine's # 1”Value All-Star” in the nation

comprehensive degree-granting institution


Molloy’s undergraduate student-faculty ratio

means our students are key


Our tuition is 15% lower than other

private, 4-year colleges on L.I.


Of seniors participate in a co-op, practicum

clinical assignment or internship

Contact Us

Have questions about anything here? Feel free to drop us a quick note!

Of course, feel free to Contact Us.

Continuing Education and Professional Studies
1000 Hempstead Avenue Rockville Centre, New York 11571-5002