While most continuing education courses are being held online this fall, we plan to hold some classes in-person, including: SAT Test Review, CHSEE/TACHS Test Review, Home Inspection Module 5, Basic Life Support (CPR), Physical Assessment, Administering EKGs Medical Encoding, Physician Billing, Computerized Billing, Hospital Billing, Intro to ESL and ESL Conversation.
If you are looking to enroll in one or more of these courses, I know that you might be concerned about returning to the classroom and we are taking all the necessary health and safety restrictions recommended by the Center for Disease Control and the NYS Department of Health. Some of these measures include:
- We will follow guidelines for physical distancing, which will restrict the number of students and faculty in each learning space. Our continuing education classes are already small, so we will be able to reconfigure our classroom space to maintain a recommended 6-foot space between seats.
- For the protection of all members of our community, a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth must be worn at all Molloy locations in every enclosed space by individuals who are able to tolerate such covering. You must have a face covering in order to take your class.
- Every Molloy College location will have temperature kiosks. Every individual will be required to take their temperature upon entry into the building when they arrive. Students who have a fever will be asked to leave for the day. Information retrieved from the kiosks will be delivered to Health Services and kept confidential. Click here to find a map of the Rockville Centre campus to aid you in locating which doors will be open/used as building entrances. All other doorways will be "exit" only. We will also post it on the website at www.molloy.edu. The entrances marked with a thermometer and check mark indicate the entrances to each building. The temperature kiosk is located inside each building near that entry point.
- All members of the Molloy community (employees, students, vendors, and scheduled visitors), are expected to self-monitor their health every day. Each individual must complete the COVID-19 Symptom Questionnaire every day prior to coming to a Molloy location. The COVID-19 Symptom Questionnaire is attached. Please complete the COVID-19 Symptom Questionnaire prior to coming to class for each session and hand it in to your faculty member.
- As you may know, travelers to New York from certain states and territories are required to quarantine for 14 days upon their arrival in New York. The listing of travel advisory states continues to change. Click here for the full list of states. Click here for detailed guidance on the quarantine requirements. Please remember to check the list of states under Travel Advisory and fill out the Travel Screening form if you have traveled out of New York.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Janine Biscari at (516) 323-3457 or via our email address, email@example.com.
Our goal continues to be keeping our community safe and informed. Stay connected. Stay calm. Be well. Know we are here for you.