The program does not have traditional deadline dates because courses are offered throughout the year and they do not follow a semester schedule. There are no defined overall start and end dates for the program. Therefore, you can apply to the program at any time. The registration process is rather simple because you are not applying for a Molloy degree. There is an online application that you need to complete, but that is for information purposes only. Everyone is accepted as long as you are a NY certified teacher. There is no application fee and GREs are not required. If you are enrolling in the program for the first time, it will take a few days to process your application/registration form online. Once you register for the first time you will be sent an email within one to two business days with your username to login your student account and to access Canvas, our online learning platform.
You should register at least a week before the course start date at the latest in order to register for the first time. After that you can register up until the day before the class, but then you run the risk that a course could be full- our courses do close.
Molloy's online registration system is called Lion's Den. The Lion's Den web page for Professional Studies courses can be found at: https://lionsden.molloy.edu/ICS/Professional_Studies/. There is a different process for those students who are currently enrolled in the program as opposed to those who are registering for the first time
New Teacher Professional Studies Students:
How to set up your Lion's Den account
Teachers who are registering for the first time for the TESOL, Summer Institutes, Online Professional Studies, Special Education, Childhood, Teaching Assistant, Gifted or Ed Tech Teacher Professional Studies courses should visit: https://lionsden.molloy.edu/ICS/Professional_Studies/ to access the Lion's Den Portal for Professional Studies and follow the steps below.
Follow these steps to create your account and register
1. Enter the Lion's Den Portal for Professional Studies at: https://lionsden.molloy.edu/ICS/Professional_Studies/
2. Towards the left-center of the page is the section on: Professional Studies Application Form and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Professional Studies Application Form".
3. Go to "Click here to start filing out this form" link in the middle of the page and click it. On the first line for Cohort, there will be a dropdown, please select: Institute-Professional Stu.
4. Complete the rest of the application, including the course or courses that you wish to take. Please note: when completing the online application/registration form please select "Summer Institute 1" as the term in the dropdown for classes that start in May/June and "Summer Institute 2" for classes that start in July/August. All the courses in all the professional studies offered for $900 will appear, except for courses that are closed.
5. Just scroll down to the course(s) that you wish to register for.
6. Once you have submitted your application/registration form you will receive a confirmation e-mail that the application has been accepted. (Check your "spam" folder if you do not receive an email)
If you have never attended Molloy before, you will then receive, in approximately 2 business days, another email to the e-mail address you provided which will include your Molloy email address and instructions on setting up your Molloy email and Canvas (our online learning platform) accounts.
If you previously attended Molloy and have a Molloy email address, you will not receive an email on setting up an account. Instead, you will be able to login to your account using your Molloy email address and password that you had when you were a Molloy student. If you have forgotten your login information, please visit: https://selfservice.molloy.edu/
All emails will now come to your Molloy email. After you create your account, you can register for future courses, check on your registration, access your unofficial transcripts and access Canvas, which is the online educational forum for hybrid and online courses.
Current Professional Studies Students:
If you already have a Lion's Den account for TESOL, Summer Institutes, Online PS, Special Education, Childhood, Middle School, Gifted or Ed Tech Teacher Professional Studies courses you can log in and register for courses that have seat availability. You can register by visiting https://lionsden.molloy.edu/ICS/Professional_Studies/ and use your Username and Password to login. Forgot your password? Visit https://selfservice.molloy.edu/showLogin.cc to re-set your password. You will need to put in your Molloy email address and then click, "Click Here to: Reset forgotten or expired password".
(Please note: Molloy alumni will still have to apply as a new professional studies student even if you still have a Molloy account).
Once you are logged in you will need to search for the course in order to add it to your schedule. There are a number of ways to search for the course, but usually the fastest and less error-prone way is to follow these steps:
1. Click the, "My Academics", tab and "Add/Drop courses". Under "Term" there will be drop down. Look for the term, such as: "2022 Summer Institute 1" and then go to the bottom of the page and click, "Search". (Do not attempt to further refine the search by putting in the course number or related information).
2. All the courses in all the professional studies areas offered for $900 will appear. Just scroll down to the course(s) that you wish to enroll in and click the box next to the course number.
3. Then go to the end of the page and click, "Add Course". No payment is needed at the time of registration (see below for details).
4. You will not receive a confirmation, instead you can check to see if you are registered by going into the "My Academic" tab.
Payment for Courses:
You will not be able to pay at the time of registration. Instead you will be billed and bills are generally sent out once a month in the middle of the month. However, you may login to your account 1 full business day after you register to pay for your course(s). Visit Lion's Den (Molloy's registration system) at: https://lionsden.molloy.edu/ICS/Professional_Studies/ and use your Username and Password to login. Click on the 'My Finance' tab and then click on 'My Account Info' to view your statement and pay your bill online. Payment can be made using: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH check.
If you have any questions, contact Alina R. Haitz at 516.323.3572 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on your course(s), such as assignments and the required textbook will be available on our online course platform called Canvas usually about a week prior to the course start date. To set-up your Canvas account, click here.
Drop/Add Course Section
If you need to change a section of a course that you are currently registered for, you can drop one section and add another section in Lion's Den.
Once you have found the section of the course that you wish to take, just check the "Status" of the course to see that it is "open", if so, just click the box next to the course code to register and pay for the course. If the status is "closed" you will need to select another section. Please do not contact the instructor or administrator for permission to register for a closed section of a course. Permission will not be granted to enter a closed section of a course.
Hybrid courses are offered in an accelerated, part classroom and part online format. The number of classroom sessions is generally between 3-5 sessions. Missing even one session in this format can be very detrimental. Therefore, it is imperative that teachers attend each classroom session. If you know that you are not going to be able to attend one or more sessions prior to registering for a course, please select another section of the course. Please do not contact the faculty member teaching the course regarding a make-up for a known absence prior to the start date. Make-ups are not permitted.
If you need assistance with your registration, please contact Alina R. Haitz at email@example.com.