ELA Advisory Board Mission Statement
The ELA Advisory Board's Mission Statement
1. Form partnerships and promote cooperation and interaction with school districts in Long Island and New York City.
2. Serve in an advisory capacity to make the services provided by the higher education programs congruent with the needs of K-12 ELA.
3. Maintain a high quality academic program by generating input and incorporating expertise from English Language Arts Education professionals outside the College.
4. Increase the flow of information and knowledge regarding availability of resources to meet the needs of ELA students and educators in community school districts.
5. Encourage K-12 ELA educators to apply and participate in formal and informal programs, coursework and conferences.
6. Serve the diverse student population in school districts by providing quality in-service teacher candidates or certified teachers who are trained through their Molloy coursework in teaching diverse populations.
7. Promote Molloy College as a way to meet pre-service, in-service and professional development goals.
- Members must be involved in the fields of English, English Education, or Education.
- Members will be expected to commit to serve on the Board for at least one year.
- Members will agree to attend one meeting per semester.
Hallmarks of the Mission
- Reflective practice
For more information, contact:
Dr. Vicky Giouroukakis
Chair, ELA Advisory Board
Professor of English Education and TESOL
Division of Education
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, New York 11571