English Language Arts
The Division of Education of Molloy College has established an English Language Arts (ELA) Advisory Board to help improve ELA education. We offer professional development by presenting topics of interest for teachers in the areas of English Language Arts. The Advisory Board consists of ELA teachers and supervisors from schools located throughout Long Island and New York City. Molloy College recognizes this endeavor as part of its mission to serve the education community.
The mission of the ELA Advisory Board at Molloy College is:
- To serve in an advisory capacity to make the services provided by the higher education programs congruent with the needs of K-12 ELA.
- To enhance the academic and professional development of K-12 ELA educators by offering ELA programs.
- To maintain a high quality academic program by generating input and incorporating expertise from English Language Arts professionals outside the College.
- To increase the flow of information and knowledge regarding availability of resources to meet the needs of ELA students and educators in community school districts.
- To encourage K-12 ELA educators to apply and participate in formal and informal programs, coursework and conferences.
Various workshops and Institutes are offered throughout the year at both our Rockville Centre and Suffolk Center locations.
In addition, graduate degree programs in English Language Arts are also offered.
Current Schedule of Program Offerings
Graduate Degree ELA Programs
ELA Education Advisory Board
For more information and to be placed on our mailing list, contact:
Vicky Giouroukakis, Ph.D.
Professor, Graduate Program, Division of Education
P.O. Box 5002
Rockville Centre, New York 11571-5002