Communications Degree Details
The goal of the Communications Department is to guide students in the dynamic interplay of communication theory and practice, both mediated and interpersonal, in their academic and professional lives. Please refer to the Undergraduate Course Catalog (PDF) for more details about this degree.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to discuss issues in a rational way, to analyze critically, and to evaluate effectively.
- Students will apply moral and ethical methods to situations in communication.
- Students will demonstrate theoretical knowledge and research skills in communications to prepare for graduate studies and professional careers.
- Students will apply communications skills in a variety of practical contexts to prepare for professional careers