Discover the world of Communications at Molloy College and become part of one of the most contemporary, exciting, and challenging fields. Our stimulating, multi-faceted program includes valuable hands-on experience and academic training. We will guide you through the dynamic interplay of communication theory and practice and then, we'll show you how to effectively translate the skills you learn into professional employment or graduate study.
Our goal is to prepare each student to enter the vibrant communication workplaces of the 21st century. We give our communications students a solid foundation of skills, knowledge and practical experience. We prepare our graduates to face the challenges of an ethically complex world by offering theoretical and critical courses. Students also complete exciting internships at prominent media and public relations industries. The result is a unique multi-dimensional learning experience that includes:
- Faculty who are published scholars and experienced professionals, as well as excellent teachers dedicated to their students' success
- Your own personal advisor and small-size classes that promote close relationships with faculty and other students. There is a maximum of 20 students in studies courses and 16 in production classes
- A HD television studio and location-shooting equipment for all-important hands-on training
- A media lab for students to utilize for video editing, web design, podcasting, blogging & more!
- Exciting internships and service-learning opportunities
- Molloy students have interned at such companies as MTV, ABC, NBC Bravo, CBS News, News 12 Long Island, VH1, the New York Islanders, New York Mets, Madison Square Garden, Entertainment Management Public Relations, HBO, Rachael Ray Productions, Newsday, FOX News, Comedy Central Enterprises and Sony Music
- Global learning opportunities include international internships in places like Brussels as well as shorter trips to many European destinations
- Distinguished guest speakers and interesting workshops. We've hosted such speakers as Alec Baldwin, Eldra Gillman, Director of Diversity Recruiting and Education for CBS, News 12 reporters Dana Arschin & Michelle Lamb, Donna Rivera-Downing, Marketing Director for Girl Scouts and Alison Harris, Events Planner for Plum Entertainment. Workshops cover resumé writing and interview skills, creating e-portfolios (PR campaigns) or video reels and career planning
- Get more information on the Communications Department