Paralegal Studies Certificate
Why Earn a Paralegal Studies Certificate?
If you have a passion for law, earning a certificate in paralegal studies can open the door to unlimited career opportunities. The United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics ranks the paralegal profession as a faster-than-average growth field through 2022.
Paralegals work in law firms, insurance companies, banks, health care organizations, government agencies, corporate legal departments and the court system. Paralegals work directly under the supervision and direction of an attorney and may not give legal advice or otherwise engage in the practice of law. Paralegals participate in a wealth of law related activities, such as:
- Interviewing clients or witnesses
- Assisting in trial preparation
- Drafting legal documents
- Performing legal research
Click here for information on the Legal Studies Minor
- A practical foundation in paralegal studies to educate students in the substantive areas of the law.
- A strong ethical base to guide paralegals in their duties and responsibilities.
- The ability to develop proficiency in both oral and written communication.
- Marketable skills to assist students to enter into or advance in law firms, legal departments, the public sector or other positions where knowledge of the law is essential
The Paralegal Studies program at Molloy College is a member of the American Association for Paralegal Education. AAfPE is the nation's largest and continuously operating organization dedicated to promoting quality paralegal education. Part of its mission is to establish standards by which to measure paralegal education and, consequently, the AAfPE has developed a set of core competencies. The American Association for Paralegal Education is the recognized source for standards in paralegal education and the continuing development of quality teaching.