Welcome to the SSC Major Exploration Page
You will find the time until you declare your major (you must declare by 60 credits) to be one full of adjustment, questioning and new found learning.
The SSC Major Exploration is designed to help inform you about major/minor degree options available at Molloy for both academic interest and career paths. You will find between workshops and advising, that you have a full team of support as you explore majors. Remember that being undeclared has some great benefits. Don't feel frustrated if you cannot decide your first or second semester. Take time to get adjusted to Molloy and really explore our general education courses. They can open your eye to all of our incredible academic programs!
The resources below can help you gain an understanding of potential career options.
- Handshake lets universities and employers connect with a single click, leading to more diverse, high-quality networking opportunities for students
- My Next Move is an interactive tool for students to learn more about their career options. It has tasks, skills, salary information and more.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook is the government's source of career guidance and features hundreds of occupations. It can help you find career information on duties, education, training, pay and the outlook for occupations.
- CareerOne Stop is a source for career exploration, training and jobs.
Assess Personal Interests
Take time to understand your personal goals. Learn about your values, personality, preferences, interests, strengths and skills. This will help you narrow down what it is that you really want to do.
- Take the 16 Personalities test and get an accurate description of who you are and why you do the things you do.
- Molloy Majors available to undeclared students.
How to Declare a Major
You can declare a major/minor on Lion's Den. Go to "My Academics" then click "Change UG Major Minor" complete and submit the form. You will receive an e-mail from the Registrar's Office when the request is approved.