Spring 2022 Guidelines
Spring 2022 Guidelines
The Clinical Learning Center is open to all Molloy nursing students for hands-on practice of demonstrated nursing skills including the use of supplies and equipment. The nursing instructors are available to re-enforce, remediate and answer questions regarding hands-on skills. The expectation is that each student's practice time results in a positive and productive experience.
CLC Contact information: RVC (516) 323-3742 or Suffolk Campus (516) 323-3576
Lab hours: RVC Campus: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00am - 8:00pm
Monday and Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Lab hours: Suffolk Campus: Practice hours: Tuesday and Friday 9:00am -11:00am
Scheduled appointments are required in the CLC for both Rockville Centre and Suffolk campuses. Appointments are available up to 24 hours in advance in the Molloy College Acuity Scheduling System (molloy.as.me/schedule.php).
· Appointments: Students are requested to make only ONE appointment to practice (students may bring a peer to session) and ONE appointment to test (for 2090/2390 students) at RVC at a time. Students may make additional appointments after they attend the scheduled appointments.
· Cancellations: Students may cancel an appointment electronically within the Acuity Scheduling System up to 24 hours before the appointment time by clicking on the email confirmation link received for the appointment. If a student needs to cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours' notice, contact the CLC 323-3742.
· Missed Appointments: Students who repeatedly miss appointments without cancelling are not permitted to make appointments using the on-line scheduling system. These students must call Emily Hill (516)323-3751 from 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday, to make further appointments.·
Schedule: The appointment schedule will open on Mondays at 10am for the following week. Noted: only one week at a time will be posted. Students may call the CLC ext. 3742 to inquire about available open time slots for that day
. The CLC reserves the right to adjust the schedule based on evolving circumstances.
N2090/N2390 students: skill testing is only conducted at the Rockville Centre campus. There is no skill testing at the Suffolk campus.
· Testing: Students cannot test on the same day the skill is demonstrated in class or if practiced with any supervision in the CLC. It is highly recommended students leave a day between a practice session and skill testing.
· An unsuccessful skill test: Students will be immediately informed by the nursing instructor and remediated on the skill. Students may not re-test that day. A student may be tested a second time with a different nursing instructor on a separate day. If the student is unsuccessful after a second test, the nursing instructor will notify the professor for subsequent testing protocol.Please wipe down all equipment, supplies used and return to original location. No food, beverages, videotaping (unless pre-approved) or children permitted in the CLC.
Uniforms are not permitted in the CLC when coming from a clinical environment. Jan 2022