Why Study Abroad?
1. See the World:
Studying abroad is a unique opportunity to see more of the world while studying in your host country. You will experience a brand-new country with incredible new outlooks, customs and activities. The benefits of studying abroad include the opportunity to see places, natural wonders, museums and landmarks of your host nation. Make travel plans and see unforgettable sights to help you see the world from a new perspective.
2. Experience New Cultures:
When you study abroad you will have a better understanding and appreciate the country's people and history. You will experience first-hand the new customs, traditions and incredible new foods. This enriching experience will enable you to become immersed in a totally different environment. Becoming a global citizen will help you understand how you fit into the world.
3. Career Boost:
Listing study abroad on your resume will attract potential employers and give you an edge over your competitors. Employers value applicants who challenge themselves with diverse experiences. Your newly acquired skills and growth mindset will not only strengthen your resume, but also develop your ability to collaborate with professionals from diverse backgrounds.
4. Gain Independence:
Studying abroad will help you develop a self-sufficient attitude. You will learn to thrive in an unfamiliar place and experience life changing activities that push your boundaries, exceeding your comfort zone. You will return a wiser individual, ready to face future challenges.
5. Make Lifelong Friends:
Meeting people from around the world is one of the most exciting reasons for studying abroad. You will build relationships and develop your people skills with your new friends, adding to your understanding of the world and how to interact with diverse people. Your shared study abroad experience will create a bond that can last a lifetime.
Who can study abroad?
Students currently enrolled at Molloy College
- In good academic and disciplinary standings
- Have completed at least two semesters at Molloy
- Meet course requirements for chosen program
How much does it cost?
Molloy College is committed to making studying abroad as affordable as possible.
- Our short-term programs are discounted at least 10-20% by Molloy College for all students. Flights, hotels, some meals, international travel insurance and all ground transportation are included.
- Summer foreign language programs are appx $5,000 and include 6 credits, flights, hotels or host family stays, meals, international travel insurance, all ground transportation, and weekend excursions.
- Semester abroad program costs vary by location.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available on some programs.