University of León - León, Spain
This program is offered in an ideal setting in the historical city of León, in northern Spain, on the road to Santiago. The city itself has been an important pilgrimage center since the Middle Ages. Besides being of cultural interest, León, is a very Spanish city where tourism has not been commercialized to any great extent. The Modern Languages Department of Molloy College offers three different programs at the University of León: a month-long Spanish language program offered during the summer, or a semester/full academic year abroad. In all of these programs students will take language and culture classes taught in the modern facilities of the University of León by Spanish College professors.
For more information about this program check out the University of León web site for international students located at: www.unileon.es/extension/extranjeros.htm
In order to help students to become fully immersed in Spanish culture, the program offers students the opportunity to live with a Spanish family in the city of León or in university housing.
Spanish language, grammar and culture; History/geography, art and literature. Please note: students who choose to study at the University of León must have some degree of proficiency in Spanish.
The academic year at the University of León is divided into three terms. These terms run approximately as follows: Early October to late December, mid January to late March, and early April to mid June. Students are welcomed to take courses during any of these terms.
- March 15 for fall semester or for the academic year
- November 15 for spring semester
- Tuition: 2,526.00 euros [approximate $3,000 per term]
- Room and board - homestay with meals: included in the price of tuition
- Global-learning fee [payable to Molloy]: $500 payment must be made prior to departure.
- Round-trip airfare to Spain: $400-$800. Check current fares or call 1.800.777.0112.
- Enrolled in good standing at an American College or University
- Sophomore, junior or first semester senior
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Recommendations from two current instructors from students home college or university
- Approval of chairperson of Molloy College Modern Languages department
- Limited Spanish language proficiency
For more information, Contact Dr. Susana Rubio in the Department of Modern Languages at firstname.lastname@example.org.