Scuola Lorenzo de' Medici
Florence, Rome or Tuscania, Italy
For those who would like a fun and interesting study abroad experience in Italy, we have several options through Scuola Lorenzo de'Medici. Lorenzo de'Medic has three campus locations in Italy: Florence, Rome and Tuscania. This section of Italy is well known as the birthplace of modern humanism, naturalistic arts and scientific inquiry, the cradle of Renaissance civilization, and the home of Dante, Brunelleschi, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Machiavelli and Galileo. These men changed forever the way we see the world.
You can choose one of these three cities in which to spend the semester, or take part in their Three City Semester, where you divide your time equally among Rome, Florence and Tuscania.
To view Lorenzo de' Medici web site click here.
Students will stay in apartments, usually within walking distance to the school, with other international students.
For more information about housing click here
To view a complete of the current courses being offered please view link below. All courses are taught in English and will be held in small classes.
For information about specific courses offered click here.
- Spring Semester: January - May (12-16 credits)
- Fall Semester: September - December (12-16 credits)
- March 15 for Fall Semester or for the academic year
- November 15 for Spring Semester
Please note - we have an affiliation agreement with Scuola Lorenzo De'Medici that guarantees our students a lower than rate on tuition. Please use the figures listed below when calculating the costs of a semester abroad at Lorenzo de' Medici instead of what is listed on their website.
- Tuition: $6100.00 for up to 16 credits Rome, Florence or Three Cities progams, $5500.00 for up to 15 credits Tuscania only, $850.00 for any additional 3 credit classes at any location
- Optional Field Trips: $300.00 each
- Accommodations: approx. $3,000 - double room in Rome, Florence and Three Cities, $2200.00 - Tuscania, single supplement between $300. and $400. per semester at any campus
- Global-Learning Fee [Payable to Molloy]: $500
- RT Airfare to Italy: approx. $1000.00
- ** It is the responsibility of the student to check current currency rates for an accurate cost of tuition, room and meals.
- Student enrolled in good standing at an American College or University
- Sophomore, junior or first semester senior
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Recommendations from two current instructors from students home college or university
- Reasonably good health