Clinical Mental Health Counseling Graduate Scholarship
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Molloy College prides itself in mentoring compassionate counselors for our communities. To help achieve this goal, Molloy College created the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Graduate Scholarship, offering financial support for promising students. This scholarship includes financial awards of up to $10,000 per academic year, renewable annually for 3 consecutive years. Eligibility requirements for this scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be new, incoming students to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Molloy College
- Applicants must submit a written essay describing how the scholarship will assist in their matriculation and retention in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program (500 words, maximum)
- Upon receipt of this scholarship, the recipient must maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average and register for a minimum of 6 credits per semester
Aligned with our goal of enhancing professional identity, core knowledge, necessary state-of-the-art practical skills, and multicultural sensitivity, the following criteria are also considered for all scholarship applicants:
- Knowledge of and/or experience with underserved communities, minority persons (including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and disability status), and those who are veterans or are from military families
- Anticipated contributions to the field of counseling (including practice and research)
- Commitment to Molloy College's vibrant tradition of "study, spirituality, service and community"
- Demonstration of academic excellence
Persons with minority identities and those who are underrepresented within academia and/or the counseling profession are encouraged to apply. Please email your essay for consideration to Dr. Laura Kestemberg, Chair of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program, at email@example.com, by July 15, 2019.
Mental Health Counseling By the Numbers
States offering licensure to
Practicing, independent, mental health
counselors in the U.S.
Projected job growth over the next
Certified, licensed and practicing mental
health professionals in N.Y.