Current Semester News
The Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing
Nurse Practitioner Recognition Night
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Madison Theatre, Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York 11571
RSVP by November 1, to email@example.com
Stephen Ferrara, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
Executive Director of the Nurse Practitioner Association of New York State
NP Legislative Update
Dennis Graham, Ph.D., RN, NP, CEO
Center for Veterans Health
A Guide for Nurse Practitioners Caring for Military Veterans
Nursing CEU Credit: Molloy College Continuing Education Department is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association and accredited approver by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center Commission on accreditation. 2 contact hours will be awarded.
Educational Objectives: Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the NP Legislative agenda for 2016
- Discuss the need for obtaining a military medical history
- Describe research results for common actual and potential illnesses associated with military service
- Explain the risks for long-term health problems related to military service
- Explain current resources available to aid veterans in seeking help from the Veterans Administration Healthcare system
Target Audience: This activity is intended for nurse practitioners and RN's.
Disclosure: Molloy College relies upon faculty participants to provide educational information that is objective and as free from bias as possible. In accordance with the nationally accepted guidelines, faculty is asked to indicate any commercial relationship that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest.
6 p.m. to 6:30p.m. - Registration, Networking, Light Dinner
6:30 p.m. Welcome
6:35 p.m. to 7p.m. - Dr. Stephen Ferrara
7 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Dr. Dennis Graham
8 p.m. Closing remarks