The practice of Nordoff-Robbins music therapy is a unique, music-centered and creative endeavor, necessitating a high level of musical sensitivity and clinical awareness in meeting the needs of a variety of clients. Molloy College has been approved to offer Nordoff-Robbins training by the International Trust of Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy to our Music therapy program students in our on-campus clinic.
- Board certified music therapist (MT-BC) with Master 's degree in music therapy or matriculating in Master's program in music therapy
- Highly developed musical skills
- Demonstrates maturity and openness in interactions with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written work
- Study the foundations of Nordoff-Robbins theory and practice
- Experiential training in cotherapy
- Develop clinical improvisation tools
- Leads to Level 1 NR certification
- Training will take place at The Rebecca Center for Music Therapy at Molloy College
We are accepting Master of Science in music therapy student applications for the Nordoff-Robbins training for the 2017-2018 clinical year. Auditions/interviews will be held between April and June. Applicants must have their MT-BC and be enrolled in or have completed graduate studies in music therapy. Contact email@example.com for details and an application.
For detailed information regarding Nordoff-Robbins training at Molloy College on Long Island, and to fill out an application, click here.