Master of Science in Educational Technology
The Master of Science in Education in Educational Technology prepares highly qualified teachers in the effective use of technologies in the teaching-learning process to meet the needs of diverse learners. Coursework focuses on the evolving uses of technology in the classroom and their integration in curriculum planning, instruction, and assessment. Candidates develop expertise in the use and development of state-of-the-art applications and equipment for teaching and meeting the needs of diverse learners. Successful completion of this program provides candidates with the skills needed to enhance student achievement through the use of technology for instructional strategies and analysis of testing data. The Educational Technology Program is aligned with the National Educational Technology Standards for teachers (NETS-T) and leads to New York State certification.
Certification: Educational Technology Specialist (All Grades) Responds to demand for expanding technology in all schools in New York State
Candidates in possession of an Initial Childhood or Adolescent Education certification in a content area will be able to apply for professional certification with this degree through the NYSED Teach Online system.
Certification with NY State is for Initial Certification Educational Technology Specialist pk-12.
Prerequisite for this program: Initial certification in Early Childhood, Childhood or Adolescent Education.
Required Courses (36 credits):
- EDU 508 Foundations of Educational Technology: 3 credits
- EDU 513 Meeting the Needs of Culturally Diverse Students in Inclusive Classrooms in Birth - Grade 2, Childhood 1-6 and Adolescence 7-12: 3 credits
- EDU 517 Analyzing Digital Media in Teaching and Learning: 3 credits
- EDU 519 Interdisciplinary Curriculum and Methods In Educational Technology: 3 credits
- EDU 527 Instructional Applications of the Internet - Integrating Digital Age Tools into Instruction, Classroom Management, Communication and Collaboration: 3 credits
- EDU 529 Assessment Tools in Educational Technology: 3 credits
- EDU 534 Educational Website Design and Video Integration, Distance Learning, Blended and Virtual Schools: 3 credits
- EDU 535 Mobile Learning And Teaching With Social Media For Educational Technology Courses: 3 credits
- EDU 537 Diverse Abilities and Needs of Students in Inclusive Classrooms Birth - Grade, 2, Childhood 1-6 and Adolescence 7-12: 3 credits
- EDU 547E Developing Reflective Research Practice for Diverse Learners: 3 credits
- EDU 549E Teacher as Researcher in Diverse Classrooms: 3 credits
- EDU 563 Educational Technology Practicum: 3 credits
Total Credits Required: 36