The Ed.D. curriculum includes required courses, cognates (electives) and guided dissertation development. Participants will complete a minimum of 54 credits of coursework, including the dissertation design courses. Continuous registration will be required until the dissertation is defended.
Blended (Hybrid) On-Campus Program Track:
In each course of the blended (hybrid) on-campus Ed.D. program students engage in the following learning activities:
- Meet for 25 hours of face-to-face instruction per semester
- Participate in 15 hours of online learning
- Spend 5 hours of field work in the community
Low-Residency Online Program Track:
All required courses, cognates and the guided dissertation development are offered online with the following exceptions:
- One week required residency component during the summer prior to the first academic year
- Six credits of core requirements taken in a blended format that includes the following per course:
- Meet for 15 hours of face-to-face instruction (Monday-Friday)
- Participate in 25 hours of online learning prior to and following the face-to-face classes
- Spend 5 hours of field work in student's own community
All online courses will include 40 hours of synchronous and asynchronous online learning experiences and 5 hours of fieldwork per course. Additional on-campus options:
- Optional one-week summer residency for EDU 6300 (also offered as an online course)
- Optional on campus proposal and/or dissertation defense (also available via video-conferencing)
Canvas is Molloy's new comprehensive learning platform designed to support fully online or blended learning with features that enhance student learning and collaboration. The Canvas online modules contain links to readings and videos that you may explore on your own or in collaboration with others. The discussion boards allow you to respond to required and self-selected readings and then engage in a dialogue about the readings with each other. Canvas lends itself to setting up various group activities, connects easily to library resources and also leverages various external tools such as Google docs. And, Canvas support is available 24 hours a day - seven days a week!
To obtain more information about this doctoral degree, contact Dr. Andrea Honigsfeld, Associate Dean and Director of the Ed.D. Program, at 516.323.3166 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, feel free to contact Denise Hughes, Ed.D. Program Assistant, at 516.323.3164 or email her at email@example.com.