Transfer Courses After Matriculation

The College does not usually grant permission to pursue courses at other institutions except when a required course(s) are needed for graduation are not planned to be offered at Molloy. Where such permission is granted, the combined programs may not exceed 18 credit hours per semester. Permission may be granted to attend summer session at another institution, provided the course is not being offered at Molloy and it is necessary for a student to take it at that time.

Students are limited to the summer maximum credit load at other institutions, as is described in Molloy College's Summer Sessions policy. The necessary forms for requesting permission to take courses off-campus may be obtained in the Registrar's Office. The last 30 credits toward graduation normally must be completed at Molloy. Transfer credit totals are limited to the totals defined in Molloy's transfer policies.

Download procedures here.

Since the above credits are not part of a degree from another institution, credit will only be accepted for courses in which a grade of "C" or better is achieved. A grade higher than "C" may be required by the student's major department or program of study at Molloy for the transfer coursework to be accepted by the College. The course will only be accepted and applied to the student's record if the grade satisfies Molloy's requirements. The grade of "P" is also acceptable under the same rules that govern that grade at Molloy. A grade of "P" must be designated as equivalent to a grade of "C" at the other institution. Special permission must be given by Molloy to take a course for a grade of "P" in addition to the Application for Permission to Enroll in Courses at Other Institutions.

Students may not repeat courses for credit or a better grade at other institutions. All courses that must be repeated must be retaken at Molloy.

The "Application for Permission to Enroll in Courses at Other Institutions" forms are available in the Registrar's Office and permission is required prior to enrollment at the other school. If the student anticipates any difficulty in making proper arrangements, the Registrar should be consulted so that alternate choices of courses can be planned. Permission will not be granted to attend any other Institution nor will credits be accepted, if the student has already begun attendance at Molloy before requesting and receiving approval from Molloy's Office of the Registrar.

The maximum transfer credits allowed according to Molloy's transfer policy applies when students gain permission to take a course at another institution. To comply with Molloy's transfer policy, previously accepted transfer work may need to be reduced to accept an additional different transfer course on the Molloy transcript.