Independent Study

Permission to pursue independent study must be obtained from the student's advisor, the faculty sponsor - who will oversee the study - the chairperson of the department involved and the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The student must obtain the necessary approvals for the independent study at the time of registration.

The student should choose the topic in conjunction with the faculty sponsor. The quantity and depth of content studied will determine the credits allocated for the course. The quality of the final presentation will determine the grade for the independent study. Appropriate forms are available in the Office of Academic Affairs.

Contact Us

Have questions about anything here? Feel free to drop us a quick note!

Of course, feel free to Contact Us.

Student Affairs
1000 Hempstead Avenue Public Square, Room 330 Rockville Centre, New York 11571-5002