High School Equivalency and Credit by Examination
Students wishing to receive a New York State High School General Equivalency Diploma may do so by completing 24 credits on a non-matriculated basis - although candidate must be otherwise eligible for admission to a degree program - and by fully complying with all requirements shown on the application for the New York State High School Equivalency Diploma (DET 650).
Beginning with applications made on or after September 1, 2000, the twenty-four credits shall be distributed as follows:
- Six credits in English language arts, including writing, speaking and reading (literature)
- Six credits in mathematics
- Three credits in natural science
- Three credits in social science
- Three credits in humanities
- Three credits in career and technical education and/or foreign languages.
Any student wishing to pursue this course of action may contact the Registrar for more information.