Complaint Procedures

Complaint Procedures
Any individual who believes that Molloy College has acted contrary to its published standards or believes that conditions at the institution appear to jeopardize the quality of the institution's instructional programs or the general welfare of its students, may file a complaint. Complainants may seek advice about procedures from the Vice President for Academic Affairs or from the Associate Dean for Academic Services or from the Office of Student Affairs. The process is also in the current Student Handbook.

Click here to report a possible violation of academic integrity.

Informal Procedure
All concerned students should make every effort to resolve the matter through informal consultation with involved individuals first. Should this fail to resolve the issue, the complainant may meet with the individual's immediate supervisor. If the problem is unable to be resolved at either of these levels, the formal procedure can be initiated.

Formal Procedure
The formal procedure to be followed for students are either the Due Process Procedure for Student Discipline in Non-Academic Areas or the Due Process Procedure for Student Discipline in Academic Areas or the Grade Appeal Policy, as stated in the Student Handbook.

Notification to State Agencies
A student may also file a complaint with the appropriate state agency within the state in which they reside. Pursuant to the United States Department of Education's Program Integrity Rules, Molloy College is required to provide all prospective and current students with the contact information of the state agency or agencies that handle complaints against postsecondary education institutions offering distance learning or correspondence education within that state. You may find the listing by visiting the NC-SARA webpage.