Student Refund Request Form
Molloy College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver financial aid refunds. This partnership enables students to choose direct deposit for all refunds. You have two options:
- you can choose to have funds deposited into your existing bank account, or
- you can choose to open a BankMobile VIBE checking account
(Parent Plus refunds are refunded to the parent by check only.)
Use your personal code from BankMobile, which was mailed to you from BankMobile in a bright green envelope, to select how you want your financial aid refund delivered. If you can't find your code, you can get one instantly by visiting Refund Selection and clicking "Need a Code." For more information please watch the video below.
In order to receive a refund from sources other than Federal Financial Aid, please complete and submit the form below. Use this form to request a refund for an amount up to the credit balance showing on your student bill. Please note, credit balances based on anticipated aid will not be refunded. All aid appearing on the bill with an asterisk (*) is anticipated.
Fall refund requests will not be accepted prior to Friday, September 27, 2019. Requests submitted before that date will not be saved and must be resubmitted.
Any deposits for upcoming semesters must be kept on the account and cannot be refunded (for example, a housing deposit).
If you do not select a direct deposit method, a paper check will be mailed to you from BankMobile in 21 days.
Paper checks expire after 90 days from the date they are written and, at that point, cannot be cashed. BankMobile notifies Molloy of any expired checks. The Office of the Bursar will reach out to students whose checks have expired. Students may report that the check was not received or was lost. Once Bursar has spoken to the student and confirmed the circumstance, the check may be reissued upon student request.
The Office of the Bursar will make two attempts only to contact students whose checks have expired. The following procedure will be followed:
- A phone call will be made to the student at the number(s) listed on the student account.
- If after one week there is no response, an email will be sent to the student at his/her Molloy email address requesting the student to contact the Office of the Bursar.
- Pertaining to Federal Financial Aid Refunds: If there is still no response from the student, after a week from when the email was sent, Bursar will submit the information to the Financial Aid Office, requesting that the funds be returned to the federal government. Once funds are returned to the federal government, refunds cannot be reissued. Financial Aid will notify the student regarding the return.
- No further attempts will be made to contact the student.