The Sustainable Living Film Series screening of The True Cost
The Sustainability Institute at Molloy College is proud to announce and invite you to the 18th screening in the Sustainable Living Film Series on Thursday, March 31, 2016 from 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- ADMISSION IS FREE ($5 suggested donation at door). RSVP REQUIRED before event day
- Admission includes the film, vegan dinner, popcorn, and discussion following the film
- All are welcome with an RSVP, so invite friends and family
- This time out we're partnering with the Energeia for Teens at Molloy College and will be screening the film, THE TRUE COST
The True Cost is a story about clothing. It's about the clothes we wear, the people who make them, and the impact the industry is having on our world. The price of clothing has been decreasing for decades, while the human and environmental costs have grown dramatically. The True Cost is a groundbreaking documentary film that pulls back the curtain on the untold story and asks us to consider, who really pays the price for our clothing? Filmed in countries all over the world, from the brightest runways to the darkest slums, and featuring interviews with the world's leading influencers including Stella McCartney, Livia Firth and Vandana Shiva, The True Cost is an unprecedented project that invites us on an eye opening journey around the world and into the lives of the many people and places behind our clothes.
The Sustainable Living Film Series is a documentary series presented by the Sustainability Institute at Molloy College since 2010, that screens films with a focus on environmental protection, animal ethics and sustainability.
- Seating is limited. PLEASE BE SURE TO RSVP online, by calling 516-323-4510 or send an email to email@example.com
- If you come straight from work in a suit, we promise not to make fun of you
The Sustainable Living Film Series is a documentary series presented by the Sustainability Institute at Molloy College that screens films with a focus on environmental protection, animal ethics and sustainability, and typically features a different organizational partner for each presentation. This screening, however, is being presented solely by the Sustainability Institute.